15 Random Things About Me
1. I laugh. A lot. I love to laugh and I love anything that makes me laugh.
2. I work every day at being a better person. Some days are harder than others.
3. I used to read like crazy. A book a day. Now I can barely read an entire news article because I’m so tired.
4. When I first met my partner (Bruno), I waved to him across a crowded coffee shop. I did not know him, but waved before I could stop myself. A few months later, we were married.
5. I have three tattoos. All of them are incredibly important to me. I have a lotus flower on my arm with sanskrit writing that stands for mindful. I have two swallows on my upper chest, one with a key and one with a lock. I could write a million stories about those birds because those birds are me.
6. I study tarot and spend my money on crazy things like crystals and sage. I have a very strong intuition that some might call psychic intuition. More often than not, it scares the crap out of me, so I’m learning how to use it in positive ways.
7. I am a published writer. I have over 75 published magazine articles and my first book came out earlier this year. But because I’m a ghost writer, I can’t tell you where to find anything that I’ve written. (I’m on Amazon, though!)
8. I am an artist. I am taking a break from graphic design, which I really enjoy. I had a collage piece up in a show last year in SE Portland. I was so proud to be selected for the show. It was a highlight of my life. I would love to have more pieces in galleries, but I’m tired. (Do you sense a theme here?)
9. I used to move at least once a year. I would get the 7 month itch and need to find a new place to call home. For the first time ever, I’m working on settling into a home, with grown up furniture and curtains on the windows. It’s hard for me, but something that I needed for so many reasons.
10. I have one child (the fireman). He has asperger’s syndrome. He is the reason why we are still in the same home, even though we’ve lived here for OVER 7 months. He needs consistency. Boy did he land in the wrong family!
11. My child is teaching me new things every day. Like patience, tolerance, understanding, deep breathing, meditation, crying instead of being strong all of the time, laughter at inappropriate times, goofiness, seriousness, flexibility and everything that I ever wanted to know about the solar system. There are other things that I’ve learned, but it could fill a book so I’ll stop there for now.
12. I love my son and don’t want to always lead with, “…and he’s on the autism spectrum.” That’s where I am right now, though.
13. For the first time in my adult life, I’m not worried about my career path. I am working but want to focus my energy on my family and my health. Anyone who knows me will find this shocking, because my career has always been so important.
14. I love to socialize with my friends. I have a wonderful and supportive group of friends that have been with us through thick and thin and are completely irreplaceable!
15. I live in Portland, Oregon, which is not where I started off, but will hopefully be where I stay. I grew up in Orange County, California then moved to Detroit, Michigan before making my way to Oregon. I’ve lived in Corvallis, Eugene and now Portland (metro). I couldn’t pick a town that get’s me more absolutely than Portland!